Online Program Comparison
Learn more about the difference between data science and business intelligence and analytics programs.
Learn how to transform big data into business decisions with our Online M.S. in Data Science (MSDS). Our Online M.S. in Data Science offers you a curriculum aligned with high-demand areas. Students will develop skills to become data scientists who can make informed decisions using Python, R, SQL, Hadoop, Hive, TensorFlow, machine learning, deep learning, predictive modeling and more.
- 10 courses, 30 credits, less than 2 years to complete*
- Bachelor of Science degree with more than one year of mathematics coursework (including calculus) required
- Minimum 3.0 GPA
- Some programming experience
- Many graduates have gone on to work as data scientists, data analysts, statisticians, network engineers, AI research scientists, and data analytics specialists
The Online M.S. in Business Analytics (MSBI&A) trains students to solve business problems with insightful, evidence-based solutions. Our highly technical curriculum includes courses on machine learning, web mining, marketing analytics and big data technologies, including Hadoop and Hbase.
- 12 courses, 36 credits, 2 years to complete*
- Prerequisites: Bachelor's degree in science, mathematics, computer science, engineering or a related discipline, with at least one semester of calculus and one semester of basic probability, hypothesis testing and estimation
- Minimum 3.0 GPA
- Many graduates have gone on to work as marketing managers, market research analysts, financial analysts and management analysts
Key Dates & Deadlines
$250 Deposit Waiver1 and Application Fee Waiver Available.
Application Fee Waiver Available and Early Application Review.
Want to Learn More?
Request more information to learn about the upcoming cohort.
1Applicants who apply by the early submit deadline and are admitted may be eligible for a $250 deposit waiver. Applicants who receive education assistance from employers or other tuition discounts are not eligible. Other eligibility conditions may apply.